7.13.2010

This is an AP photograph.  I don't know who the photographer is, and I'm using it without permission.  I assure you that I am making no money by posting this here.

I was watching the news last night, and I saw clip of Fidel Castro.  The first thing I thought was, "Shit, he looks old."  The second thing I thought was, "Shit, he's wearing a Nike tracksuit.  That is awesome."  I find it quite amusing that the president of a nation that is not allowed to trade with the US is flaunting the fact that he can buy any damn tracksuit he wants.  He's a saucy bastard.  

I'm feeling pretty saucy too.  Actually, it's more smokey than saucy.  I grilled food on our porch tonight, and now I smell like delicious barbecued chicken.  I assume the entire apartment will smell this way for days.  It was worth it.  

We just had our first American visitor (some of you readers may know G. Funkhouser).  It was fun.  I'd do it again.  While she was here, I learned that it costs €6.50/day to rent a bike in Rotterdam.  I would have lent her one of our bikes, but she is significantly smaller than Marleen and I.  I also learned that Magnum Gold is both tasty and shiny.  We will be having more American visitors throughout the month of August.  By the end of the summer Marleen and I plan on being the hostesses with the mostest.  Maybe you should come visit in the fall.

Yours truly, 
Jim Turbert

No comments: