11.08.2009


First Oliebal of the Season, originally uploaded by jimturbert.
Richard Visser is voted best oliebollen in Holland almost every year, and his cart is about 100 yards away from my door. I will be fat soon.

My friend Andrew sent me a picture that someone took of him using an iPhone app that mimics the aesthetic of Polaroid integral film. I thought it looked cool, so I bought it, and I am happy I did. It is called ShakeItPhoto. It boosts the contrast, and it saturates and warms things up a little. Also, it uses a mask to darken the borders a bit giving it that low budget strobe look that the kids like.
Besides all that, it makes a Polaroid camera sound after you take the picture, and then you can watch the picture "develop" while shaking it. Shit is dope.

Bestest wishes,
Jim

No comments: