7.25.2008

man oh man, it has been raining like nobody's business here.  i almost don't know how to cope.  i'm not saying that the rain is too much for me.  it's not.  it has merely been more abundant lately than i am accustomed to.  i was at wellesley on wednesday evening, and there was some serious thunder happening right over my head.  it's not everyday that we get thunder that serious.  if i were a dog, i would have been cowering in the corner.  i am not a dog.  instead of cowering, i was taking pictures of myself in a stairwell.  i'd like to see a dog do that.  i don't think the dog would waste his time with such trifles if he could.  i'm sure he would be content chasing things and licking his balls.  unfortunately, that's not enough for me.  i'm on a mission to ensure that everyone in the world has seen a picture of me.  that's not true.  there is no mission, but it would be cool if more people saw the fruits of my labors.  it would be even cooler if people sought out my fruits.  just to be clear, when i say fruits, i mean my photographs.  

best, 
jim 
  

2 comments:

e said...

hi jim,

i was just rustling through my fridge - looking for the 3.5lb bucket of dates that somehow got stuck in the back (resulting in *really* cold dates) - when you popped into my head. i thought to myself, i wonder what the old boy is up to these days. so i did a quick google search and there you were, in all your glory, in an astronaut suit. awesome. i am so pleased to see that you are still making awesome stuff. the tv photos rule too. i no longer make art - im not sure that i ever did. but in any case, i hope you are well and enjoying life. i guess i just sought out your fruits, and by fruits, i mean photographs.

:emily

Jim Turbert said...

nice. hi emily. i have VERY old e-mail addresses for you. if you'd care to give me a new one, you know how to find me, or i suppose there is always google. i bet you are there.

jim