12.12.2007

2007 is almost over. today marked the last day of classes at wellesley. i am happy about that, but it means that i have all sorts of other responsibilities to think about. i have to buy people gifts, and i need to take a bunch of pictures. i also need to contact a bunch of people. i've fallen way behind in my correspondences. shit is crazy. on top of all that i, i had to buy new tires today. shit is expensive, and they didn't do the alignment right. the guy at the major new england tire retailer i went to made a point of showing me a diagram of how far out of whack my wheels were before. i find it odd that my car seemed to drive in a straight line without any effort before, but now that they fixed it my subaru consistently pulls to the left. whose dick do you have to suck to get some service around here. don't they know that i have shit to do? i don't want to have to go back down there so they can straighten me out. i don't want to, but i have to. there is no justice.
as i was saying, 2007 is almost over. it's been a good year, and i don't know if i should expect 2008 to be as good, or if i should expect a sudden downward spiral of pain and suffering. i am not excited about pain or suffering (some people are, you know...). already, they've taken my photo off of the front page of flak photo. it's still a site worth visiting, but damn did it look good with me on it. also, the show i'm in in lexington, ky is coming down this week if i'm not mistaken. is my departure from flakphoto a sign that people are already sick of my shit? they've only been looking at me for a few months. i'm not going to worry about it. i just had a few small prints up during art basel at gallery diet in miami, fla. also, i'm going to be in a show in pittsburgh, pa next summer. i have an idea for a new photo series. the new jams will not involve costumes or dressing up. i'm not sure if people will like that. at this point, i'm not sure if i'll like it. as of right now, i have a bunch of crappy sketches in my notebook that sort of illustrate my plans. i'll get cracking on those. then you can look at the pictures and tell me what you think. alright, it's a deal.

best,
jim

No comments: