8.09.2007

it somehow seems unjust that i should get a cold in the summer. my foot is well on the way to being awesome again, and now i'm afflicted with a stuffed head and an inflamed throat. also, my eye is all red again. it was fine this morning, but it turned red at lunch. shit is crazy. this is a bad summer for me.

oh yeah...after lunch i went into my desk drawer to look for a china marker and it looks like a mouse got in there. the mouse ate a package of smartees, a cough drop, a root beer barrel, a chocolate egg and much of the china marker i was looking for. he left the skittles, the rolaids and the werther's originals alone, though. peculiar... you may be thinking it more peculiar that i have such an array of hard candies (and otherwise) in my desk. after writing the previous passage, i thought it strange myself, but there is an explanation. i buy a/v equipment from several vendors. some vendors (sweetwater in particular) send little packages of assorted candy with completed orders. i think that's really nice of them, but i don't eat a lot of hard candy, so it sits in my desk until i have a hankering, or until someone says, "jim, do you have a werther's originals or other hard candy that i could have." no one ever says that, so the candy stays in my desk. i've never seen a rodent in the jewett arts center, but something chewed the wrappers off of those things, and i don't think it was a wellesley student. oddly enough, i've kept lots of foodstuffs in my desk and other places in my office over the years, and i've never had any other desk break-ins. i usually have a bag full of almonds and raisins in my desk as well. you'd think a mouse would prefer that to a generic cvs throat lozenge, but that is not the case. i don't know what else to say.

best,
jim

No comments: