8.01.2007

if i said to you that i would provide you with a service that you needed - for free-, would you respond to me by saying that you were so inflexible, that i, the one doing you a favor, would have to reschedule my life to accomodate you?
a friend of mine asked me if i could do him a favor, and when i told when and where i could accomodate him, he suggested that i reschedule rather than he. i think that's funny. i will not be rescheduling.
i've been in new york the past few days, it was pretty fun. i should have stayed longer, but that wouldn't have been fair to andrew. my friend just bought a fancy new condo in brooklyn, and it is awesome. small, but awesome. for the past few days marleen and i lived in his shiny new abode with andrew and his dog. it was a little cramped. now i'm at my parents' house. it's much bigger and quieter, and it's cheaper to buy food here. the downside is that there is not much to do. they do have a pool though. i'm not much of a swimmer, but i assume marleen will coax me into the pool at some point today, even if i swear i don't want to. time off is nice, but i keep thinking of stuff i need to so. i can't get my mind off of it. i'll be home on friday night, and i already have stuff planned for saturday. it's going to be a crazy, action packed weekend. today will be the opposite of that.
i shot some super 8 footage while in new york. we were in battery park in the early evening two nigths ago, and there were two kids frolicking in the fountain. the fountain consists of around 15 or 20 illuminated strweams of water shooting straight up, and the kids were running through them. i don't know if the footage will come out, but if it does, it should be really cool. what am i going to do with it? beats me, but it will be cool. yesterday, i shot some footage of marleen in the pool. that should be nice, too. i didn't bring my big camera, but i wish i did. we went to the ICP and saw a ton of portraits, and two tons of stephen shore pictures. seeing a bunch of awesome photography made me wish i brought my fancy camera. next time i will.

i'm going to get some food.

talk to you later,
jim

p.s. it's august. i am the featured artist in the photographic resource center's northeast exposure online program.

3 comments:

LKB said...

Yippee! Love the new blog. Hope the mouse left.

Congrats on being mentioned on jb's blog. I just bragged on you there. See my comment here:

http://heyhotshot.com/blog/2007/08/12/hey-hot-shot-entries-jim-turbert-2/
Keep em comin'!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jim your pictures are nice, I like the Celtics one because it is hilarious.

Also milk beard! And Dr. Yale. Is the milk whole milk? My friend Kelly prefers whole milk also and I told her about how the doctor told you to stop drinking it one time because of "cholesterol." But can you really hold the whole down?

I hope you are enjoying the North East. I am not, as I am enjoying the North West, and it is a beautiful place.

Jim Turbert said...

i can hold the whole milk down. i love the stuff, but alas, i have switched to 1%.
whole or otherwise, i'll milk drink anyone under the table, and then i'll wash it down with some cheese.
damn.