7.12.2007

i'm back and i'm broken.  it's been a long long time, but i promise that i will be more diligent in writing in my blog, because i know that it's hard for you when you don't have fresh jim turbert weblogs to read.
in case you were wondering, this summer is a shitty one.  i can't say it's the shittiest, because good things have been happening as well, but i broke my foot, and i haven't been able to run or ride my bike since may 25.  that shit is fucked.  i sat around on my ass all winter, and as soon as the weather broke, i was treated to a few days of glorious spring/summer weather, and-whammo-my shit gets busted up.  the picture on the right is me with my storm trooper boot.  i've only been wearing it for a few weeks.  before that i had crutches.  after 4 (or 5) weeks on crutches the doctor told me that she showed my x-rays to an orthopedic guy, and he said that i should be in one of these boots.  as much as the boot sucks, it is way better than crutches.  crutches are the lamest.  anyway,  i'm going on 7 weeks of broken foot, and i cannot wait to be free of this apparatus.  as awesome as it looks, i insist that normal shoes are better.
someone told me that driving with one of these crazy boots is illegal if it's on your right foot.  i have a left foot problem, but i drive a manual transmission, so i'm not sure if wearing the boot while driving is breaking the law.  until recently i was taking it off while i drive, but yesterday i discovered that it's actually way easier to do it with the boot on.  i was wearing this black super flat soled post-surgical boot (that's what the doctor called it) before, and i'd tilt my foot to the left and press the clutch in with my heel.  with the giant storm trooper boot i don't have to tilt my foot, and the angle of the sole allows me to easily press the clutch all the way to the floor.  pressing the clutch to the floor was difficult with the black post-0p boot.  i wasn't able to do it most of the time, and i'm sure i did much damage to my clutch as there was a lot of grinding at times.  if i have to replace the clutch, so be it.  sometimes the clutch must be sacrificed so a guy can get to work.
if you look carefully you can see little b in the background of the picture.  she's wicked cute.  

yours truly, 
jim turbert  

No comments: