1.10.2011

As shitty as 2010 was, it was not entirely bad. Here are the highlights of 2010 in reverse chronological order:

1) Christmas at the Bos household.

It started a bit rough with a shitty train ride, and then got a little rougher when I had a confrontation with an asocial dutchman in the street in front of the Bos residence. After that it was all gravy. I let all my frustration flow into that horrible dutch guy driving the Mercedes, and I felt like $1,000,000 for the rest of the week.

2) Early December trip to US/Winsted.


It's nice to go home. It was also nice to see my crazy old Grandma, even though she's wicked senile and is not nice to Marleen. I started a new photo project while I was there, too. Part of that project involved getting in touch with old friends. It was quite enjoyable. On top of that, Dave, Kassie, Andrew, Sarah, and Sandra came to visit us there. It was super cool, though a little weird.

3) Paris trip.


Marleen and I went to Paris in late August. I had never been there before. I'm glad we went. The city is beautiful, and shockingly enough, I was not mistreated by the French people. I had been unfairly discriminated against in France before, but now the people of France have redeemed themselves. I'm sure they'll be pleased to hear that I have forgiven them.

4) Our first American visitors came.


Giuliana Funkhouser was the first to visit in July. In August, Sarah and Andrew visited.
I was beginning to think no one would ever come here to see us. I was wrong.

5) JAPAN

Marleen and I went to Japan in April. It was a full on crazy vacation. I found it exhausting, but I would totally do it again.

Look, I'll show you >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimturbert/sets/72157624529602108/

I'm sure there were a few more notable moments, but that's all i can come up with right now. Next year the list will be much larger. It's gonna be awesome.

Sincerely,
Jim

No comments: