5.05.2010


Broken iPhone Screen., originally uploaded by jimturbert.

after a grueling flight from narita airport to schiphol, and a short and boring train ride from schiphol to rotterdam centraal, i dropped my iphone on the pavement while waiting for a tram to my house. i was not happy, but i accepted it, and i moved on without tears.
when i got home i searched online for iphone repairs. the cheapest i could find was in the area of $180 or € or whatever your currency of choice is. that is unacceptable for a phone that could be replaced for €200 or for free if i signed up for two more years. so, i looked for replacement parts online. i found them on amazon.co.uk, but they wouldn't ship to my dutch address (sometimes amazon will ship to me, other times they won't.). next i tried ebay, and i found a screen replacement for around €21. i got the screen yesterday, and with the guidance of ifixit.com i was able to bring my iphone back to it's former glory. i am pleased with the results.

sincerely,
jim turbert

1 comment:

sweetmeat said...

Awesome! I am going to get a new one when they come out.