7.11.2008

i recently sold a bunch of stuff on ebay, and one of the buyers posted the feedback, "There are better sellers on ebay!"  i wasn't sure how to interpret that.  better than whom?  me?  it was positive feedback, but i couldn't tell if he insinuating that my selling could have been better?  i choose to think that he's suggesting that i am one of the better sellers on ebay.  there is an exclamation point after the sentence that indicates urgency or loud insistence.  but maybe i'm wrong.  maybe he feels strongly about the fact that there are some better ebayers out there than me.  maybe i did (or didn't do) something that he expects from an ebay seller.  it was an unremarkable transaction.  i posted it, he bid on it, i sent him an invoice, he paid.  that's a smooth transaction if i ever had one, and i'm sure i'm reading too much into this.  i just thought it was weird feedback.

sincerely, 
jim 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man. speaking of ebay... one of my coworkers found a pile of g-funk themed t-shirts. everybody at work calls me gfunk, so they're amused.

My favorite:
http://cgi.ebay.com/T-SHIRT-BLACK-%22-G-FUNK-EQUALIZER-%22_W0QQitemZ310069571897QQcmdZViewItem?IMSfp=TL0807241123r23541#ebayphotohosting

Not as Cool as I<3JT but...
http://www.amazon.com/T-Shirt-Woman-White-G-Funk-Music/dp/B000HG3B9E

Jim Turbert said...

GET IT!!!
do you want to be on my homepage? i bet you do. i'll talk to you later.

jim