9.04.2009

I would like to take this moment to mourn the loss of my in ear headphones. Today I put them in my ears only to discover that the left channel no longer works. I mourn because they were expensive, but mostly because now I find myself using the Apple headphones that came with the iPhone. The Apple headphones are far inferior to my dearly departed Shure in-ears (I don't remember the model name), and  are tinny in comparison. It almost hurt to listen at first. I have a pair of nice big muffy Sony headphones with a long ass curly cord.  They sound great, but they aren't very good for running with.   I'd have to tuck a meter of cord into my pants, and constantly hold the damn things so they would bounce off my head.  Of course, I'd also have to ring the sweat out of the ear muffs after each run as well.  I'm going to have to suck it up until I can afford another pair of quality in-ear sound isolating headphones.  That makes me sad.
For those of you who are happy with your iPhone/iPod headphones, DO NOT BUY A BETTER PAIR or you will be sad when they break.  Ignorance is bliss.

Sincerely,
Jim

No comments: